Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

DSC_0245

Easter is such a special time for our family because it is the day we celebrate the cornerstone of our faith- the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  This year was the first year in 5 years that my mom has been off for Easter so she treated us to a delicious lunch.  Pop-O ate with us because Grams and Aunt Betsi are currently in England visiting friends for Spring Break!

Our Easter Sunday started off like any other Sunday… breakfast from Bojangles! 

DSC_0220

DSC_0221

After breakfast the girls “opened” their Easter baskets.  It made my heart smile when I heard Mackaylan say she “totally forgot about the Easter bunny!” It made me proud that as a family we had focused on the real meaning of Easter- Jesus Christ!

DSC_0217

DSC_0226

DSC_0227

Once the girls were ready I tried to get a few shots.  It was raining outside at that point so I had to take them in the house.  They were both so cute I couldn’t turn down this photo opportunity.  Plus, my battery was now fully charged on my camera, and as I told Mackaylan while I was fixing her hair… the “Mamarazzi” is back in action!

DSC_0232

DSC_0238

This Easter was the 2nd year that our church as put on and Easter drama called “The Story of Jesus.”  Mickey has been in it both years.  It is a very moving production and really puts into perspective the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  I thought I was going to be in the nursery during the service, but Pop-O came and let me go to service.  Before I left I was able to take a few shots of the cuties in my room.  I love this picture of Lydia because it reminds me so much of my mama.  Just another reason why I always call her “Little Linda!”

DSC_0248

After church we went to my mom and dad’s for lunch.  My mom prepared a wonderful meal complete with ham, veggies, rolls, and apple pie and icecream.  It was nice to be able to spend time with my parents (and Pop-O). We ate too much and laughed a lot!

DSC_0323

One word sums up this holiday for me: BLESSED!!!

DSC_0277

DSC_0284

DSC_0304

DSC_0316

No comments: