Sunday, September 1, 2013

1st Day of 3rd Grade

I can’t believe my sweet, creative, smart, beautiful Mackaylan is in 3rd grade!  The year of changing classes, increased accountability, and beginning of GT.  She was very excited about starting back to school, and I pray daily that she continues to love school and learning! 




It is also hard to believe that I am starting year 2 as and AP. We kicked off the “New <<School>> Year” with a great opening staff meeting complete with a cereal bar, photo booth, goal setting, and gifts (eeek!).  It was very rewarding to present each teacher with a new school shirt and The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon (highly recommend that book if you haven’t read it.) A lot of planning goes into the opening meeting(s) because they seem to set the tone for the entire year.  My hope for the 2013-14 school year is that it is one full of loving, learning, and leading.  I am so honored to be able to serve the same school community that I grew up in and contributed to where I am today! 





Happy New Year!!!

No comments: