Saturday, August 29, 2015

Our Week in Review- 8.24

Last week started out a bit rocky because Lydia was sick.  You can't tell it by this picture, but she was running a fever and complaining of a sore throat.  She stayed home from school on Monday and spent the day with Grams and Pop O.  I'm sure it will be the first of many "sickies" for her since she has started public school and daycare.  If only this sweet smile could keep the germs away! 

Mondays are also our PD days after school.  A big part of my job responsibilities is to design and implement staff development for my school.  We had a fun afternoon discussing our new classes and learning different ways to use the app Telegami.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful work family! 

I am also taking a Reading Recovery class this school year through Clemson University.  We meet every Tuesday night until 6:30.  While it is stressful to have to arrange childcare for 3 kiddos during this time, I am learning a lot and the food has not disappointed me yet! 

On Wednesday we had a Coaches Meeting.  At the end of the meeting we  played around in a Google Hangout together.  We all had a great time with the "additions" and we were reminded that we are all just a bunch of big kids! haha We are hoping in the future to be able to have some of our meetings virtually instead of having to always travel to the District Office.  

Friday night we enjoyed a night in Greenville at the Greenville Drive baseball game for Sloan Family Night.  While I can honestly say I didn't see one play of the game, we all had a fun time!  The girls enjoyed the playground, meeting the mascot, and the misting machine.  Ace, and his sweet self, just loved being outside and was all smiles the entire time!

Today has a been a relaxing day.  This morning was spent doing laundry and working on school work.  This afternoon the kiddos and I went to Target, and then tonight we met the Bakers on Lexington Rd. for a swim session and pizza.  I am trying to work with Ace to be able to transition him to his crib, but he doesn't seem to like to sleep flat because he is used to his cradle and how snuggled in he feels.  So... for his nap today I used two pillows to 
"wedge" him in while he was asleep.  Evidently he liked it because he slept for over 3 hours.  Will it work tonight?  Only time will tell! 

Whew, it has been a busy week.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow and enjoying a lazy day at home with the kiddos after church.  I always like to use Sunday afternoons to get ready for the week ahead. I do not think tomorrow will be any different! :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm sorry that little Lydia was sick. That's no way to start out the school year. =( But, the rest of your week seemed really busy and really fun. Hope you get some rest on Sunday afternoon.