Thursday, March 19, 2009


Yesterday Mickey and I went to visit a neurologist concerning my lower back pain. After reviewing the MRI he confirmed that I indeed had a herniated disck between L3 and L4. He then suggested many possible ways of treatment including steriod shots or surgery. He didn't have any available slots for surgery this week so he suggested we come back to see him on Monday with our final decision. If we decide to do surgery it will be next Wednesday morning. To me surgery seems like the obvious choice, but also the scariest. Like any surgery, there are lots of risk involved and the longer I am on my back the better I feel so I begin to think that maybe that is not necessary. Then I think back to the excruciating pain that I was in just this past Sunday and I can't imagine having to go through this again. It is like my life has stopped for the past 2 weeks. All I have been able to do is lay around, watch TV, check email (thanks to wireless internet technology), talk and/or text, eat and read.

Please pray as we seek God's will for our lives regarding this decision!


The Sparks said...

Thanks for updating, I have been meaning to call you all week. I will pray that that God will show you both what to do. When can I bring you a meal?

Autumn said...

That is so frustrating! I hope whatever you decide that you have a speedy recovery and as little pain as possible! Praying for you :)