Sunday, November 22, 2009

Random Thoughts....

I want to learn to sew. When will I have time, you ask? Your guess is as good as mine, but it is something that I would love to be able to do. My wonderful mother-in-law helped me make "seat sacks" for my students' chairs a few years ago, but that was the first and last time that I have used a sewing machine. After that experience, I was given my husband's grandmother's sewing machine, but it is old and very difficult to operate. To be quite honest, I can't even figure out how to thread it. I know...pathetic! So, on my Christmas list is a sewing machine. I'm not really sure the model/type/etc. so if you have any advice for this novice please pass it along. I just want to be able to make projects like these that I have stumbled upon over the past few days while surfing the web:

Scrunchy Gathered Scarf by Hope Studios (This picture is from the Hope Studios blog...go check it out! You will find lots of ideas!!)


Cute Hat! Need to add a feminine touch to a baseball cap? Then this is for you! (The picture is from Mandi Shandi's blog. Another one you will want to check out! She's such a crafty chic!)


Fabric Notebook Covers would make a great back-to-school gifts for teachers or birthday gifts for friends and family members. (This photo is from Skip to My Lou. Visit the site to download the pattern for making these adorable creations for less than $2.)

So, I have lots of ideas and projects running around in my head. Maybe if I am extra good Santa will have a sewing machine under the tree for me! I'll keep you posted. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Woot! I just saw me! Thanks for the mention. If you can sew a straight line, you can do this!

Jennifer Juniper

Mandi Shandi said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love that little hat and wear it a lot. I wear a ponytail way more than I should!

More Than Words said...

I wish I knew how to sew! I don't think you can go wrong with a Singer!!

I love that scarf too!!