1. Operation Christmas Child- Mackaylan and I had a fun time shopping for 2 boxes this year. We packed one box for a 2-4 year old girl and one for a 6-8 year old girl. The dollar spot at Target was our best friend! However, next year I will take the box in with us so that we can make sure everything we buy actually fits in the box. It’s safe to say we went a little overboard, but you know “gifts” is my love language!! This year we also printed labels off online so that we can track our box and see which country it ends up in. We wrote a letter to go with Mackaylan’s box and I really hope she receives a letter back. Only time will tell….
2. Granny’s Birthday- Last Sunday we went to my sister’s house after church to celebrate my mother’s birthday. We enjoyed a delicious meal and a fun time together with our family. My mom is one of my very best friends so it was nice to be able to take time to celebrate her life and all that she means to each and every one of us!
3. Lydia & Lydia- This past week was very hard for my family as we all gathered together to mourn the death of my “Papa.” While his death was unexpected and hard to accept, it did allow for us to spend a lot of time with our family and friends- those we love most. My Aunt Gladyes and Uncle Greg came in from PA so Lydia was finally able to meet her namesake! It was a sweet introduction and as you can see they hit it off from the start!
4. Adkins/Sparks/O’Shields Annual Thanksgiving Feast- When Mickey and I first got married we lived in Woodruff. While we were there we met 2 very special families that have become some of our very best friends! Each year we get together the Saturday before Thanksgiving for a special meal and time together. One of our traditions from this event is the passing of the pilgrim, and this year he was passed to us!
5. Impromptu Photo Shoot- After church today we spent some time with our very best friends- The Greene’s. Dawn loves to take pictures and has a definite knack for photography so she was more than willing to help me out and snap a few shots of our family so I can hopefully get Christmas cards out before January!
So, there you have it. The past 2 weeks in a nutshell! Life has been crazy, but I wouldn’t want to have it any other way!