After a week at the beach it is back to the real world for this family! The good thing is that Mackaylan and I are on summer break from school so besides moving to a new school and a few training classes that I have for my new position I am off until the end of July!! Next summer I will not have as much time off so we are planning on enjoying every minute of summer this year! I would say we started it off right with a trip to the beach, wouldn’t you?!
After downloading hundreds of pictures from the week, I decided to journal the week by listing a few of the reasons I love vacation. Beware: picture overload!! Here we go….
1. An oceanfront house with pool access large enough for 17 people (even if the boardwalk did collapse one afternoon while a family member who will remain unnamed walked across.. haha!)
2. Walks on the beach
3. Searching for the perfect seashells
4. Free haircuts courtesy of Caroline!
5. Plenty of free time to visit the salon for a new mani and pedi
6. Lazy mornings
9. Spending as much time as possible on the beach
10. Quality time with family
12. You can be silly
13. Lots of good photo opps
and the list could go on!
Somehow I do not think this post would be complete without thanking the two ladies who make this trip happen every year… Grams and Aunt Kathy.
Thank you both for your planning, organization, and realization that there is no price tag that can be put on the memories and bond that are created during this annual trip year after year. We love you both!!