Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Recap 2015


 It's hard to believe that Christmas 2015 is in the books!  We had a great holiday season with our family and friends.  In order to get the blog as up-to-date as possible before 2016 this is going to be another picture post with highlights from our Christmas.  Please excuse the picture overload! :)


 I never got Christmas cards out this year, but I am debating doing New Year cards.  If I do you better believe that this picture of my three greatest treasures will make the cut! :)

On the 23rd we always gather with my dad's sister (aka Jahpa) and her family.  This is the 2nd year we have had this gathering at our house.  Aunt Martha makes the lasagna (our tradition) and the other ladies bring all of the other fixings.  "All" I have to do is get the house ready which shouldn't be a big deal, but with 3 small kiddos.... Either way, we always have a great time and it is the even that officially kicks off our Christmas!

Ace and Jahpa

 Ace and Granny

 Lydia loves all things Shopkins!  

 This year the adults did the Christmas Swap for our gifts.  It was fun to switch it up!

 Me and my mommy!

 "G" and Ei

 Nothing beats this precious smile!  He is scooting all over the place.  I'm not sure he will ever crawl, but he will get to where he needs to go I promise that! 

 These two sweet girls were such a big help in the kitchen!  They both love helping out and I enjoy sharing these traditions with them! 

On Christmas Eve we always get together with my inlaws for our traditional soup dinner and gifts. This year I made Taco Soup and Potato Soup.  They were both delicious and so super easy!

 My sister-in-law, Betsi, had back surgery at the beginning of break so this was her first official outing since being home.  

Lydia loved unwrapping gifts!  We had to have more than one conversation reminding her of the true meaning of Christmas and how fortunate she was to receive all that she did.  I know that is hard for a 4-yr old to comprehend, but it made me feel better! ;) 

 Ace loved the bows and paper!

 Mackaylan... Why does she look like she is about 13 in this pic? She is growing into such a wonderful young lady.  She purchased all of her Christmas presents this year from her own money and put so much thought into each one.  So special!

 Pop O. Pop O. Bam. Ba-Lam!

 Aunt Betsi

Grams puts so much thought into the purchasing, wrapping, and giving of gifts each year.  Yes, she does go overboard, but from one whose love language is also "Gifts" I totally understand! I am so blessed with the BEST in-laws!

 Mackaylan is into Simply Southern shirts right now!  (Just in case you couldn't tell! LOL)

Christmas Day always begins with everyone opening their stockings on our bed.  I'm not sure how that started, but it's a fun tradition!

 Santa brought Lydia a Marker Maker!  She didn't have many things on her list, but thanks to You Tube she did have the Marker Maker and the Chocolate Pen on it.  Santa came through with both! 

Santa brought Mackaylan the America Girl Flip-Top Desk and the Mary Ellen TV along with several other things!

 One of Ace's big items was a Fisher-Price Race Track.  He also got an activity table and a kiddie robot that sings and dances.  

After we "did" Santa we went upstairs to the Family Room to open gifts from each other.  Mickey started off by reading and discussing the Christmas Story with us.  I'm so blessed to have a husband that is the spiritual leader of our household.  

 Christmas jammie shot!

 We didn't really do presents with each other this year, but I couldn't resist these Chicago Bear sweatpants when I saw them!  Go Bears!  (The funny thing is they are "joggers" which are supposedly really in style, but maybe not for a 36 yr. old man. LOL  He likes them though and said he will wear them to lounge around the house!) 

 Mac wanted Just Dance 2 Disney Edition and Daddy came through!

 Mickey and Lydia working on making markers.  It amazes me how she knows exactly what to do since watching all of her You Tube tutorials. 

 Mackaylan loves Lego Friends and she got a set from Santa and Lydia.

 The afternoon consisted of going to The O'Shields for Christmas with the Rush family.  We always have a great time eating, opening gifts, and being together.  





Yep, you can tell by these smiles we had a great Christmas! 

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You all did have a very blessed Christmas. I love the kiddos in their Christmas p.j.'s. too cute!!! If it makes you feel any better, I didn't send out Christmas cards either. I had fully intended too...and have for about 5 years now, but just never seem to have time to get to it. I haven't heard of Simply Southern before, but I will be checking that out. Looks very cute.

Sherry said...

Awe, those smiles definitely say "Merry Christmas!" That Ace definitely has a great smile like his mama! It looks like you all had a wonderful family Christmas, and that picture of all three of your babies in front of the tree is just perfection. Ace is so cute scooting around. Mattox was using the army crawl as his main transportation until this past month when he decided he liked cruising around the furniture better. He will crawl on his knees some now, but he doesn't go very fast and doesn't seem to love that mode of transportation. Haha! These boys have a mind of their own.