Monday, June 21, 2010

Ever Have One of Those Days?

Ever have one of those days when God just blesses your socks off? Well, today was one of those days for me. Mickey and I were meeting for a lunch date and ran into our wonderful friends, Travis and Alyssa. In my opinion, there's nothing like an impromptu double date to start the week off on the right foot! We had a great time eating and catching up. I think the test of a true friendship is one where you can go months without seeing each other and you just pick up right where you left off. That is how it is with those two. It never takes long to reconnect, laugh, and just enjoy each other's company. Then, to put icing on the cake, as I was driving home, the song "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes came on the radio. I was enthralled with the lyrics at once. My mind immediately began to drift and all I could think about was my dear husband. He is such a wonderful husband, daddy, and friend. Well, just as I was about to pick up my cell phone and call him, my phone rang. It was Mickey. He was calling to let me know that he was listening to a song that was his song to me- "God Gave Me You!" Yes, I just about melted. He really knows how to make my day. I am definitely the luckiest woman alive!

1 comment:

The Sparks said...

It was great to see you all too. We treasure your friendship.

I also LOVE that song - I think of my sweet hubby everytime I hear it.

Love you!