Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine’s Day 2011

This year our Valentine’s Day consisted of lasagna (not Aunt Martha’s, but I think I did okay), salad, bread, a delicious dessert, and a scavenger hunt.  I spent Sunday afternoon shopping for gifts, writing clues, and hiding presents so I would be ready on Monday evening.  I think I had just as much fun preparing for the hunt as Mickey and Mackaylan did actually finding all of their presents.  None of the gifts were that elaborate, but there was a lot of thought and time put into making the hunt fun and memorable.  It was just my way of showing these two people how very special they are to me! Here are a few pictures from the evening:

Mackaylan opening her card and finding clue #1.DSC_1778

Mickey helping her read the clues.  Little did he know that he was going to have his own hunt as well. DSC_1779

Mackaylan finding her first prize.  Yes, it was chocolate!  What else would my little 5 year old want for V-day?! DSC_1782

Mickey and Mackaylan checking out her new book.DSC_1784

Mackaylan’s favorite gift.DSC_1788

The beginning of Mickey’s hunt.DSC_1790

Searching……DSC_1791

Mickey is currently participating in a weight loss competition for work, so I think this chocolate is still in the cabinet.  That is will power at it’s finest my friends! DSC_1793

 

Mickey finding his “big” prize.  The note simple read, “There is nothing I would ‘change’ about you!”  I know.  I’m so corny!DSC_1795

Mickey surprised me with a bottle of new perfume.  It is Fancy Love by Jessica Simpson.  It has a very romantic smell.  Perfect for V-day! :)DSC_1776

Needless to say, it was a Valentine’s Day to remember! 

1 comment:

The Price Family! said...

Sounds like tons of fun!! That was so creative!! I wish I could come up with cute thigs like that.