Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our weekend…

On Friday night I hosted my first Thirty-One party.  It was a lot of preparation, but also a lot of fun!  Now, that I have one show under my belt I feel much more confident and am even ready to get my business up and going.  I have another party booked in February and hopefully a catalog show or two as well.  The new spring products are adorable and reasonably priced.  What more could you ask for?!  If you would like to take a peek at the new spring catalog and/or place an order visit my website at www.mythirtyone.com/lanaoshields.  And remember, if your wish list holds more than your wallet, host a party and you can receive lots of products free and/or at a discounted rate. 

Anyway… here are just a few pics from the night: 

The catalogs and fabric swatches:DSC_1761

In keeping with our theme, A “Soup”er Shopping event, all of the guests were asked to bring their favorite soup recipe to share.  I am planning to type up and distributed all of the recipes with the orders when they come in. DSC_1760

A quick picture of some of the door prizes:DSC_1763

The new Thirty-One consultant:DSC_1767

Once the party got underway I wasn’t able to take anymore pics, but I had about 15 friends in attendance.  We had such a fun time eating, socializing, and shopping!  The most stressful part of the entire evening was the check-out, but I have already decided that when possible I will take my laptop and input the orders immediately.  What can I say?  I’m learning along the way…..

After a fun Friday night, Saturday started off on the right foot with a delicious breakfast date with the hubs.  However, during our meal, we received a phone call from Grams and Pop-O that Mackaylan was running a fever and sick.  I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised because we have had tons of students and teachers out sick lately, but I was hoping it would somehow skip over my loved ones.  Then, to make matters worse, on Sunday morning, I woke up with a terrible stomach bug.  I was a little worried about the baby, but she kept moving and I kept trying to keep fluids in my system even though I knew they would eventually find their way back up.  Needless to say, Mackaylan and I stayed in bed all day! Mackaylan still had a low grade fever on Monday and I was very weak so we both stayed home from school. We spent the day sleeping, watching TV, and sanitizing the house. Oh, what fun!


Alicia said...

Wow..I will have to check out your catalog!! Sounds like your party was alot of fun, too!!

Sorry that you and your little one got sick! I hope you are all better now!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful first party! Congrats!! Glad yall are feeling better!

The Price Family! said...

Hey I got a new laptop so I can finally comment! When things calm down in our house I would love to have a party. I have always wanted to do one but never knew anyone. I have done tons of Premier Jewelry, tuppaware, and all but thats it.