Friday, August 5, 2011

4 months

DSC_1264Yesterday Lydia turned 4 months old!  It is so amazing to watch her as she continues to grow and begins to explore the world around her.DSC_1240She smiles constantly and is such a happy baby. DSC_1267She has rolled over 2 times, but is more interested in trying to sit up rather than roll over.  It is so funny to watch her try to lift up as we change her diaper or play with her on the floor.  She is going to have some mighty strong abs one day! 

We went to the doctor yesterday for her 4 month appointment and she officially  weighs 15.5 lbs. and is 25 1/4 inches long.  She is getting so big.  I believe she is going to be tall like her sister since she has been in the 98% or higher since birth! 

Speaking of growing, can you believe she has 2 teeth coming in?  Crazy!  At her 2 month appointment I asked the doctor if it was possible that she was teething and she acted like I was crazy.  However, when I told her that Mackaylan and Mickey both cut teeth around 4 months she said it was possible.  Needless to say, I was thrilled that they broke through before this visit just to remind her that “mother knows best!” ha

DSC_1263 Lydia loves everything about her big sister, Mackaylan.  She loves when KK is in the room and will just grin so big when she hears her voice! I can’t wait to watch their friendship develop as they grow up together. There’s just nothing like the bond of sisterhood!

DSC_1269

Over the past month Lydia has experienced many “firsts” such as a trip to the beach, DSC_1083

her first dip in the pool,

DSC_0862

a visit from out-of-town friends.

DSC_0801and a stroll through the zoo.

DSC_1156

Please pray for us as I go back to work this week.  I am not looking forward to leaving her, and thinking about it makes my stomach ache and my eyes tear up.  We had a “practice” day last Tuesday and I cried all the way from Landrum to CGS.  I can only imagine what it is going to be like this week. That’s all I can say about that right now. 

Currently, Lydia is wearing 3-6 month clothing, size 1-2 diapers, and eats about every 3 hours.  Nursing is going great and I never in a million years thought I would love it like I do. 

What does Lydia like to do in her free time?  Well, she loves to sit in her bouncy seat, to cuddle with those who love her, and is so amazed with the mobile in her crib. 

Lydia Avanelle brings us so much joy day in and day out.  All I want to do is hold her close and kiss her chubby little cheeks!   My heart overflows….DSC_1248

3 comments:

Joeylee said...

Happy 4 Months.
Yeah Kaylee wanted Keira to play with her so bad before she was mobile, now that Keira is mobile she I think is changing her mind. But when they do play together its PRICELESS!

Kat said...

Happy 5 months! Peanut only wanted to sit at 4 months too and wanted nothing to do with rolling over. in fact, she was rolling from tummy to back from 2 weeks until 4 months, when she sat up and never rolled over again!

Good luck at work next week. It won't be so bad! Sometimes I think it provides the balance (and uninterrupted coffee time) that we crave but don't even know we need.

Anne said...

My goodness, she's growing up so fast. Just gorgeous! Will be thinking of you this week, Lana. Hope it flies by!