Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Weekend

To me there is nothing better than spending time with friends and family except spending time with friends that are like family!  This weekend was one of those times….

Saturday morning started off with the final day of LHS Cheer Camp for Mackaylan.  Following the regular camp time they had an exhibition for the parents and of course grandparents were invited too!  This was Mackaylan’s 2nd year attending and she loved it! 

100_4846

On Saturday evening we headed over to the Caldwell’s to celebrate Andrew’s birthday.  The kids had a wonderful time playing outside, and the adults enjoyed being able to sit back, relax, and spend some time swapping stories from years gone past!

100_4849100_4851100_4853100_4857100_4858100_4861100_4863100_4862100_4865Sunday morning started off with 2 sweet sisters and a whole bunch of smiles!  After church we headed to the O’Shields’ to celebrate Doc Baker’s birthday.  Mickey wasn’t able to join us because he went to ride 4-wheelers in order to prepare for the upcoming race season, but I think after riding in this heat he wished he would have been relaxing with us by the pool!  100_4872100_4878100_4879100_4880100_4881

Tomorrow is my last day of summer break!  We have had a wonderful summer, but I am already looking forward to next year.  There were many things on Mackaylan’s “Summer Bucket List” that we were not able to get to due to my school schedule and the fact that I am still adjusting to life with a little one again.  However, just as I told Mackaylan today, summer is not over just because school starts back.  We will still have a few afternoon’s by the pool and will make the most of our afternoons and weekends home together!  I have had lots of time to think about life over the past few months and I definitely know what my priorities are! Don’t get me wrong, I am very thankful to have a job and will do my job to the best of my ability.  However, I am often reminded that life is just too short, and there is nothing that I want to pour my life into more than these two precious little girls!!!!! 

DSC_1269

Happy Sunday!  I hope your weekend was full of friends, family, and making memories!

1 comment:

Kat said...

So cute! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I love spending time with friends that are just as much my family as my real family is :)