Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scrumptious Sunday

Last week while I was reading Kris’ blog she had several posts of some of her favorite quick and simple meals for “Real Moms.”  One recipe in particular caught my eye: Biscuit Waffles!  You see, I love breakfast food… cereal, muffins, cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc.  The only problem is I barely have enough time in the mornings to spread icing on a Toaster Strudel more or less whip up a delicious, hot breakfast for my family.  Until now…..

The next time you are at the grocery store, grab a pack of biscuits.

DSC_1247

I decided to use the Honey Butter flavored ones because that is what Kris suggested, but you could use a different kind if you would like.  It is totally up to you…

Next, take out your waffle iron, heat it up, and spray a light coating of PAM on it for good measure,

DSC_1248

This waffle iron belongs to my mother-in-law.  I have been “borrowing” it for the past 14 months!  Now that I have discovered this recipe she may never get it back! J/K

Once the iron is preheated, take a biscuit and place it in the center of the waffle iron.

DSC_1250

Close the iron and wait patiently!

DSC_1254

FYI:  I didn’t let the “waffle” cook until the timer went off.  I am not sure of the exact cooking time, but after a minute or two I opened it up and this is what I saw…

DSC_1255

Scoop it up, place it on a plate, lightly spread with butter and drizzle with syrup.  Serve it alongside a few strips of bacon and you have one delicious meal!

DSC_1260

So, there you have it.  A recipe that is  simple, quick, easy and delicious.  What more could a working mom ask for? Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Price Family! said...

Sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it! :)