Monday, January 31, 2011

30 Weeks and Counting….

Saturday

I'm 30 Weeks!

Size of baby: Baby O weighs around 3 lbs. and is about 16 inches long.  We are both growing like crazy.  It’s amazing how much my stomach has grown in the past few weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: ? I'm trying to avoid the scale :)

Maternity Clothes: Oh, yes! I can still wear quite a few of my pre-weight loss tops from Lane Bryant, but the pants have to be maternity.  

Gender: Girl!  We have a name picked out, but I will wait to reveal it on the blog in a few more weeks. 

Movement: Yes! She is a very active little girl, and I love it!  I don’t remember Mackaylan ever moving this much, but it has been over 5 years…hmm?!  :)

Sleep: Sound sleep is slowly becoming a thing of the past.  It feels like it takes forever to roll over and I am trying to sleep on my side instead of my back and that is hard for me.  I have also found that when I wake up in the middle of the night my mind starts racing and it is hard to get back to sleep.  I guess it is just my body’s way of preparing for the sleepless nights ahead, right?!

What I miss: Nothing! We have been praying for this baby for so long I feel nothing but blessed!

Cravings: Lately my only craving has been Chocolate Chip Pizza from Pizza Inn. 

Symptoms: I have definitely been more emotional with this baby, but some will argue that has nothing to do with pregnancy! *wink*wink*  I consider myself to be an avid American Idol fan, but usually I do not like the audition episodes.  However, this season I have cried bawled at every single one.  Some of the stories just tear my nerves up.  I also love the new judges.  I think it is going to be a wonderful season!

Best moment this week: Nothing really out of the ordinary.  I just often find myself in awe of our Creator and how He has blessed us with this new little life.  Mackaylan is so excited and we are both looking forward to my shower at school next week. 

Update/Extra information: On Saturday I went to BFing class at the hospital and walked away feeling pretty empowered.  I didn’t BF Mackaylan, but it is really something I want to do with Baby O.  I am a little anxious about how the first feeding works when you have a c-section, but I am sure I can get some tips and advice from my Chista, right?!

4 comments:

~ said...

30 weeks already?! Wow! Regarding BFing I will tell you now that it DOES get better. It's going to start out rough. I don't really buy the statement they give you about, "if you are doing it right it won't hurt." I've BF'd two babies so far and even with a good latch it hurts for the first two weeks. Your body simply isn't used to that kind of treatment in that area! I think too many moms get discouraged in those first weeks and think they must be doing it wrong and it will never get better. So know that that isn't true! Your body will just need some time to adjust. So do what you can to push through those first couple of weeks and it is smooth sailing once everything adjusts.

Dawn said...

I started right after my c-section, it wasn't bad at all-the first few weeks were tough, and then all down hill from there. If you can make it to day 5, you can make through anything :) And I'll help anyway I can if you need me!

More Than Words said...

I'm not kidding..before I even scrolled down, I said to myself that you were having a girl!!!!!! Congrats!

Christie Thien said...

Just now reading this, you will do great BF! Just relax and ask questions and get help. Call if you need anymore help :)