One thing I love and appreciate about the blogging community is the support it provides to others during a difficult time. Most of the blogs I read are family-focused and many of my blogging friends are also mothers. Tonight I am writing with a heavy heart on behalf of one of my best friends in the whole wide world and her little girl, Lainey, who will be 2 in 10 days!
Just a few short weeks ago, life at the Caldwell house was normal. Or as normal as normal could be with 3 kiddos under 5! Reisha and I were talking on the phone one night planning a double date for that weekend and the next night she and her husband Andrew were in the ER with little Lainey, That trip to the doctor’s office and ER was just the beginning of a whirlwind of doctor visits, tests, surgeries and other various procedures.
At the risk of passing along misinformation I am not going to go into the details of Lainey’s condition and diagnosis. However, the family has set up a CaringBridge site to keep everyone informed (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laineycaldwell) and I urge you to read about Lainey’s condition and leave the family a comment to let them know you will be praying for them.
Specifically you can pray for…..
- Andrew, Reisha and Lainey as they prepare for their trip to Illinois next week.
- Reisha’s strength (emotionally and physically) as she cares for her little girl and continues to be a mommy to her 2 little boys at home.
- Andrew as he continues to be the leader of his household as a husband and daddy. Pray that he continues to look to Christ for strength, discernment, and direction.
- Owen and Gray (Lainey’s brothers) as they continue to adjust to “the new normal” for right now.
- The Caldwell and Tounzen family as they support Andrew and Reisha during this difficult time.
- For the surgeons, doctors and specialists as they work together to devise the best path of treatment for Lainey.
- That Lainey’s body will respond to the treatments and she will be 100% cured!
- And that through it all CHRIST will be exhalted!