Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween 2014


Our Halloween this year was cold and rainy, but we had a great time anyway!  Each year we always always make a stop to see Grams and Pop O.  This year the girls even got dressed there and then we had some time to take a few pics. 




Next, we drove down to see Jahpa and Uncle Gene.  It seems just like yesterday we only had to cross the street to be with them.  We were neighbors, coworkers, family, friends... "lots of things to each other!"  Those were such good times and I am glad we are able to keep our relationship strong even though there are a few more miles between us now! The girls always get spoiled by all of Jahpa's treats.  We pretty much do not need to go anywhere else b/c she sets the bar so high! :) 



Well, after we had to jump my car off b/c the battery died, we headed back up the road to my mom and dad's house for supper (which consists of sloppy joes) and trick-or-treating!  We always have a fun time with my sister and her family, and this year Lydia's "best friend", Emmersyn, was able to join us!




I love trick-or-treating in my old neighborhood because it brings back memories of my childhood.  My parents live right in the middle of our small town so the streets are always full of familiar faces!  I think we all have just as much fun giving out candy as we do walking the street to collect candy! :)  

Due to our crazy schedule last week we weren't able to get our pumpkin carved until Saturday night.  Even though Halloween was over, Mackaylan and Mickey still had a fun time carving a pumpkin while Lydia and I painted hers brown and turned it into a turkey! :)


Now that Halloween is over, I have debated going ahead and starting to decorate for Christmas.  However, I just can't bring myself to do it.  Not yet, anyway.  Today I took down the Halloween decorations and left the pumpkins, but added a few other "Thanksgiving-y" decorations.  It's just hard for me to skip over Thanksgiving when we have so much to be thankful for!  

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Awe, your little hippy girl and Anna were too cute! I am glad you had a good family oriented Halloween despite the cold, rainy weather. And I agree...we can't skip Thanksgiving! Still lots of fun stuff to enjoy before Christmas! :-)

Natalie said...

Hi Lana! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always love having new friends!

It sounds like you had a jam packed Halloween. I'm laughing because it was 95 degrees here on Friday and you were talking about it being cold and rainy. That's just too funny!