Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

Don't let these past few posts fool you... I am not a "Betty Crocker." I do enjoy cooking at times, but only if it's quick, simple, and delicious. That's not asking too much is it?!?

Last night we went to my inlaws for supper (which we do every Monday) and I wanted to contribute in some way so I offered to bring dessert.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I knew right away that it fit the  criteria listed above, and I had all of the ingredients on hand. You can choose any type of frozen fruit or pie filling so it is also a very versatile recipe. Last night I used strawberries, but want to try it with apple pie filling next. Yummy!

So, without further ado, below is the recipe. Let me know if you give it a try.  :)

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter, softened
Frozen strawberries, slightly thawed

1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray the bottom of a glass baking dish.
2. Spread out strawberries in the dish.
3. Use a fork to blend the box of cake mix and butter together. It will make a "crumble."
4. Dump the "crumble" mixture on top of the strawberries and spread out.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
6. Serve with vanilla icecream or Cool Whip!

YUM-O!!


2 comments:

Tracy said...

That looks so yummy!!! Cakes with cool whip for icing are always the best.

Charles O'Shields said...

That does look good but I have to be careful with my blood sugar.