Friday, May 8, 2015

Life Lately

The past few weeks have been full of family time. Nursing a newborn makes getting out and doing much difficult. However, we are beginning to settle into a routine  (esp in the mornings) which makes running errands and getting out into the world a bit easier. It's still surreal that we have another member of our family,  and it's a boy!!


Ace turned a month old last week.  He is such a sweet baby. He pretty much just rays and sleeps,  but he does have a fussy time in the late afternoon.  He had gained 2 lbs at his one month doctor visit and had grown one inch.  That puts him at 10.28 lbs and 22.25 inches. He still eats about every 2 hours at night, but he is beginning to stretch that out this week. And, of course, he gets more kisses than any other male on the planet! This Sunday will be baby dedication and that is always a special time.


The girls enjoyed helping me give him his first real bath. I was amazed because he didn't cry at all. I was a little worried about doing it without Mickey being home, but he was a champ and just sat there and looked at us girls like we were crazy!

He also made his first trip to Target last Friday. He slept the entire time which made me one happy mama. My mom and I were able to peruse the aisles and get what we needed (and a few things that we didn't need!) It was fantastic!


I must admit I had a big mom fail when it came to Easter baskets, but I think I redeemed myself on Saturday with "Saturday Surprises." The girls got a few things they needed like socks and PJs and a few fun items as well. Ace got some burp cloths and a mirror to put on the seat in the car. They were definitely surprised and I loved seeing the smiles on their faces as they discovered what was in their baskets. Fun!


So, that about sums it up.  We are busy loving on a new baby and counting the days until school is out for the summer. I hope you are all having a great week. :)


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds like everything is going so well and little man is growing fast!! I love the picture of your family of 5. The Easter baskets were way too cute. Where did you find them?