Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Week in Review


This week has flown by!  It's hard to believe that it is finally summer break.  Well, Mackaylan is supposed to go to school on Monday for a 1/2 day, but since I am still on maternity leave we are taking advantage of the fact that I'm still home and she is not going!  Yesterday we went to her Awards Day and she did a great job speaking in front of the student body and parents.  She was on Student Council this year as a Homeroom Representative so she was responsible for explaining their service projects for the year and introducing their sponsor.  She also received 3 academic awards:  The Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Award, Duke TIP Award, and the Principal's Award for scoring Exemplary in all 4 areas of PASS last year.  We were all very proud of her! 


It's crazy to look at the difference from the first and last day of school.  She has grown up so much!


Lydia also started her "summer break" this week.  She has had a fun week at home helping me clean off the back porch, blowing bubbles, and playing basketball.  What can I say? It's a hard life when you're 4!



Ace had his 2 month appointment on Wednesday.  He is growing beautifully and eating and sleeping like a champ.  He had his first round of vaccinations so he needed some extra cuddles and a long, afternoon nap.  I didn't object at all! ;) 


On Thursday we celebrated my dad's 68th birthday with my parents and Pop O.  My sister and her family were supposed to come too, but my nephew has been sick so we had to just FaceTime then in during part of the celebration!  There are no words to express how much I love this man!  He is the walking definition of love, support, and encouragement!  He always tells me, "Nobody loves you like your daddy" and he is so right!  



 Here are a few other pics that I just love from this week:




 Happy 1st Weekend of Summer 2015!





4 comments:

Tracy said...

Way to go Mackaylan. Sounds like she is an amazing student. Lydia looks like she really enjoyed her outside time. It has rained all of our summer break so far. =( Ace is so cute! I always hate it when they feel bad after shots. That's no fun. You can sure tell that your girls love their Grandpa, what a sweet picture. I also LOVE the last 2 pics!

Charles O'Shields said...

I guest what I like is that you can see the love in this family. And a picture is worth a thousand words those girls love their grandpa. That picture is so good no it's not just good it is great. Grandpa looked so happy in that picture. Let me say this yes [Aceis a very cute baby] Lydia i'am sure that you did enjoy being on the outside. And oh yeah Mackaylan I also say way to go. God be with you.

Charles O'Shields said...

I guest what I like is that you can see the love in this family. And a picture is worth a thousand words those girls love their grandpa. That picture is so good no it's not just good it is great. Grandpa looked so happy in that picture. Let me say this yes [Aceis a very cute baby] Lydia i'am sure that you did enjoy being on the outside. And oh yeah Mackaylan I also say way to go. God be with you.

Sherry said...

So I had a whole long comment typed out on this post a few days ago, and it crashed and lost it. Sigh. I just haven't been able to get back here to retype it. Of course, who knows if I can remember all that I was going to say. Ha! Mackaylan sounds like such a smart girl and definitely looks like she has grown a lot this year. Yay for sunshine and vitamin D! :-) Evan's last day of school was this Tuesday so we are just starting summer break. We haven't done much yet because it has been rainy here. Ace is definitely looking like a big guy and very cute. I know the girls adore him. I love the pictures with your dad. I haven't seen your mom, but I can see that you do favor your dad. Your picture of the kids outside with the chalk message makes me feel that I must copy it. Haha! I love it!