Friday, July 30, 2010

Lake Lure

Yesterday my sister and I took these kiddos up to Lake Lure Beach and Waterworks:



Eli and Mackaylan were a little apprehensive when we first arrived,

but, it didn't take long until.......

WATER FIGHT!!!


After some swimming time in the lake, we headed to the "sprinklers" while Boyce went and tested out the waterslides. (For those that are coutning, that is reason #23 why having an older, brave cousin is great!)

Once Boyce gave his stamp of approval the real fun began!!!!!

We all had lots of fun sliding down the waterslides.

Just let me say, Boyce was a master slider by the end of the afternoon.

It was yet another great opportunity for Mackaylan to try out her swimming skills.

Jahpa would be so proud!

Before we left, Boyce and E had a water balloon fight.

They let Mackaylan shoot a one balloon, but she wasn't really into it. (Surely that doesn't surprise you! ha)

Boyce was definitely the winner!


As you can see, we had a great day!

The weather was perfect.

The "beach" wasn't too crowded.

And the kiddos were very well-behaved.

Thanks again, Sis for the wonderful idea!

I think it will definitely be another summer tradition.

We love you!

2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

That looks like SO much fun! Glad y'all had a good time! (Do they say y'all in SC? LOL!)

I'm giving away a $50 gift card - good luck!

http://miraclenamedavery.blogspot.com/2010/07/50-gift-card-giveaway-for-good-cause.html

Avery's Mommy said...

LOL it has had that effect on me. Avery wants hers own and wants me to put mine on and then looks at me like "Let's cook mama!" The first week I got them I baked cookies, cupcakes and muffins. YIKES!