Sunday, May 15, 2011

Better Late Than Never…

100_0545-1

Well, a week later, I am finally posting a few pics about Mother’s Day 2011!  I guess better late than never, right?! 

The morning started off with Mackaylan presenting me with my Mother’s Day gift.  She pranced into the bathroom with the gift in hand and ask, “Mama, what is THIS?!” When I turned around I couldn’t believe my eyes.  This is what she had in her hand….

A NookColor!!!  I was so excited.  I had flippantly mentioned that I thought it would be the perfect Mother’s Day gift, but didn’t think I would actually get one.  I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised though because Mickey is great at spoiling me rotten.

After church we went to Mickey’s mom and dad’s for the afternoon.  The Rush family drove up from the midlands to spend the weekend and we enjoyed lunch and an afternoon together.  Mackaylan loved playing with Rebecca (and Rory too)! 

DSC_0342DSC_0345

That night we ventured up the mountain to eat at Hannah Flannigan’s.  On Sunday nights they have all-you-can-eat crab legs and we like to take advantage of this deal when church is cancelled.  It was only appropriate that we met the Caldwell family there because they were the ones who introduced us to this fun “event!” We love spending time with the Caldwell’s because there is never a dull moment.  Dave and Brady always have fun stories to share and this night was no exception.  We all enjoyed a night of good food, fun and fellowship!

DSC_0368DSC_0354DSC_0359DSC_0356DSC_0365DSC_0375DSC_0381

We were not able to celebrate with my mom on Sunday due to her work schedule, but we are planning to have an “official” celebration in the next few days.  I will be sure to post pics of this gathering as soon as it takes place.

So, there you have it.  Mother’s Day 2011 (Part 1).  Time with family.  Time with friends.  Good food.  Good fun.  Lots of laughter.  Yet most of all lots of love! 

1 comment:

Our Family for His Glory said...

Sounds like you had such a great day! :)
Jessica