Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who me?

“Who does she look like?”  If Mickey and I had a dollar each time we have been asked that question since Lydia was born we would have a good start to her college fund.  It’s just one of those questions that seem to always spring up in any conversation that revolves around a newborn.  Of course my side of the family likes to think this little pumpkin looks like a Bagwell while Mickey’s side of the family tends to think she looks like an O’Shields.  I like to think she is the perfect mix between the two.  However, I think the O’Shields may win this time.  What do you think?

Here is a side-by-side comparison of Lydia and her Aunt Betsi.  Check out the mouth, nose, and eyes in particular.  I thought it was humorous that they even have the same facial expression! 

Desktop-1

I can only hope and pray that Lydia will grow to be such a strong, smart, independent, thoughtful, loving, and beautiful woman as her Aunt Betsi! 

DSC_0199

And here’s a picture of Mickey and Lydia.  Usually when Lydia is in her crib she looks more like Mickey in this pic (wide-eyed and ready to play!)  However, there have been a few times when she sleeps soundly during the day (and yes that does constitutes a photo op!) 

Mac bottle to Lydia-1

I can only hope and pray that in the years to come Lydia will have the heart, brains, self-confidence, and determination of her daddy! 

DSC_0247

However, I am afraid she may be going for his wit….

DSC_0306

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

2 comments:

Suze said...

lydia def looks like aunt betsi!

Ally, my niece, looks exactly like me as a child! Everyone says she is a mini-suze with all the baby pictures! It will be interesting to see the more she grows if she still ends up looking like me! lol.

Hope y'all are doing well!

The Price Family! said...

She looks beautiful NO matter who she looks like!! I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day! Your first Mother's Day being a mommy of 2! :)