I can’t believe that Lydia is already 2 months old! Where does the time go? It’s amazing how much she is growing and changing each and everyday. She is such a sweet little “punky” who brings us all so much joy! Here are a few facts about Lydia Avanelle and her 2nd month of life…
- She is so alert. It is amazing to think of how much she is learning as she observes and interacts with the environment around her on a daily basis. Her dendrites are growing like crazy!
- She has lots of head control for a 9 week old. She always wants to sit up and check out what’s going on around her. She has affectionally been called “Nosey Nora” multiple times over the past few weeks. :)
- She wears size 1 diapers and 3 months clothes. I love deciding what she is going to wear each day, and shopping for her never gets old!
- She is smiling more and more!
- She loves to be outside and will just sit for a long time looking at the trees, flowers, clouds, etc. I guess she takes after her daddy and sister on this one!
- She loves to gurgle and grunt. I love to sit and talk to her because she will make noises just as if she is talking back to me in her own little way.
- Despite how content she looks in the next picture, she does not like to be in the car for an extended period of time, and if she is the least bit hungry or tired she will be sure to let you know by her full-body-I’m-turning-red-from-my-head-to-my-toes cry! It just tears my nerves up!
- She loves to spend her free time in the swing, her bouncy seat, on her playmat, or on her beanbag. She doesn’t get put down too often, but you can bet she will be in one of those four spots when she is!
- Her best friend at 2 months of age is the ceiling fan. Mackaylan and I have named the fan in the living room Fannie. Lydia spends a lot of time watching “Fannie” spin around and around. She will just look up at the ceiling and smile and gurgle. It is precious!
Here’s to another wonderful month and to many more! We love you, Lydia!