Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

I love words. I have words all over my house. Some are on picture frames. Some are used as decoration. I even have some on the wall above our bed. I remember when I was in high school I would always anticipate the arrival of my dad’s copy of Reader’s Digest each month. My favorite section was the Quotable Quotes. It was during those years that my love for words first began. And now when a quote speaks to me the first thing I try to do is write it down, but sometimes I print it off, or cut it out, and then I let it tumble around in my head until I find just the right situation to apply it or repeat it. I need to start a notebook so I can keep all of my quotes in one place. Right now they are on sticky notes, notepads, in my professional notebook, highlighted in good reads, etc. Over the next few Thursdays I will post a quote that has significant meaning to me. Feel free to leave a comment sharing your favorite quote. You never know, I might just add it to my collection!

Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.

-Unknown

No comments: