Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yum-O!


I wanted to share this pizza creation that I whipped up for lunch today. It was so quick, simple, and delicious! I have never made pizza with pita bread as the crust, but now that I have, I will be making it this way from now on. We all loved the way it tasted! And even better than that it counted as only 3 grams of sugar and 2 net carbs!

Sausage Pita Pizza

4 Whole Wheat Pita Breads
8 Tbsp. Pizza Sauce
1 cup Shredded Cheese (pizza and/or blend)
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Sausage (mild)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Warm pitas on a baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes; remove.
2. Spread 2 Tbsp. of the pizza sauce over each pita; top with cheese, sausage, and more cheese.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
4. Enjoy!

I served this pizza with a nice big bowl of Caesar salad. Yum-O!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

More Than Words said...

MMMM!! That looks and sounds so good! Just the other day, my daughter was asking if we could make homemade pizza!