Monday, January 10, 2011

Birthday Bash #2

Last night had yet another birthday celebration.  My wonderful sis-in-law, Betsi, and I share the same birthday so she was able to come into town so we could all celebrate together!  We always have a fun time together and tonight was no exception.  I am very blessed to have in-laws who love me unconditionally and have always considered me one of the family. 

DSC_1616

The laugh of the evening definitely revolved around the cake. 

DSC_1613

My precious mother-in-law worked very hard all afternoon preparing a birthday cake (and icing) from scratch.  However, you can tell that the Food Network will probably not be contacting her anytime soon to be highlighted on Cake Boss! Nonetheless, I will say that even though it didn’t look the best, it tasted delicious. 

DSC_1618

DSC_1620

DSC_1624

After a delicious steak dinner and a round of cake we opened presents.  You can tell from this picture that we are both spoiled rotten.

DSC_1625

Betsi received jewelry and a sweater from Mackaylan, Mickey and myself, some exercise apparel, a ring, and a pair of diamond earrings from her parents! Needless to say, she was thrilled!

DSC_1634

DSC_1645

As for myself, I received some clothes, a hat, the curtains (which are on backorder), crib sheet, and lamp that match the bedding we have purchased for the nursery, and my Becky Higgins Project 365 kit! Woo hoo! 

DSC_1635

And, of course, Mackaylan just loved all of the boxes! 

DSC_1612

Today we are home for a snow day so I am looking forward to digging into my Project 365 kit and getting started.  Thank goodness, I think I have a picture for everyday so far this year.  Now, I just have to get the pictures out of the computer and into my binder.  I will keep you posted on how this project is going…

Happy Monday! 

1 comment:

The Sparks said...

Happy Birtday - we love you!