Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Little Word

photo taken from http://aliedwards.com

This year instead of making new year resolutions, I am trying a different approach.  I have decided to join hundreds of other people in the One Little Word concept.  I stumbled upon this idea from Ali Edwards and fell in love.  It adds such a creative spin to this often mundane January tradition.  So, without further ado, my word for 2011 is balance

2011 is sure to be full of many changes.  In just a few short months we will be adding a new little baby girl to our family, I am hoping to graduate with my Masters Degree in Educational Leadership,  and I am planning to become a consultant for thirty-one gifts… just to name a few.  However, through all of these changes, it is important that I remember what is most important- my relationships: with Christ, my husband, my daughter(s), my family, and my friends. To keep all of this in perspective it is important that I remain balanced.  All too often, little, insignificant things can eat up so much of my thought life and to-do list.  However, this year I am committing to the one little word concept.  To put first things first.  Prioritize.  Balance.  In doing this, I am sure 2011 will be a year to remember!

What is your one little word for 2011?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh great idea! I love the concept of staying balanced! Great reminder!