Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- Easy BBQ

For Christmas, I received a new crockpot (Thanks Rebecca and Rod!) I decided to test it out with one of my favorite crockpot recipes- Aunt Martha’s BBQ. I love this recipe because it is super easy and delicious.

Ingredients:

  1. Sirloin Tip Roast (Save yourself some time and go ahead and have the meat man at your supermarket cut it into chunks for you. You will be glad you did! )
  2. Heinz 57
  3. Ketchup
  4. Mustard
  5. Pepper Relish
  6. Texas Pete (If you want to add a little kick!)

Procedure:

1. Place the meat in your crockpot. Cook it on Medium for 6-8 hrs.

DSC_1547

2. After 6-8 hours, take a spoon and shred up the meat.

DSC_1570

3. Add in Heinz 57, Ketchup, Mustard, and Pepper Relish to taste. I usually use about 1/2 a jar of Pepper Relish and add everything else to taste. If you want to “kick it up a notch,” add a little Texas Pete as well. That is sure to make your husband smile! Smile DSC_1569 4. Mix up all of the ingredients and let them simmer together for about 30 more minutes in the crockpot before serving.

DSC_1572

5. Eat and Enjoy!

Today I am linking up with Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Hop on over and see what else will make your mouth water!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

1 comment:

Karmen said...

Oh that sounds so good! I love BBQ but I am not very good at making BBQ anything. This seems super easy!

~Karmen